The trend of barn weddings is hitting the seventh sky and maximum couples are dreaming of a wedding surrounded with wagon rides, bistro, market, Christmas lights, laces and much more.
It is bit difficult and stressful to plan everything at a barn wedding venue in your city. It is a daunting task as the farms or fields are an open place where there is less availability of a lot of things. Thus, it involves a lot of efforts and time to plan a wedding function at a farm. Such venues hold infinite possibilities for breathtaking photos. Planning a wedding at such farms is quite a tricky task especially when mud, portable restrooms and uninvited bugs are a major factor. Here are listed some wedding snags that you may hit to keep you and your guests happy. Let’s have a look at them:
- Set aside a budget on barn extras- Not only farms but also every place that isn’t fully serviced is going to charge you extra. You will have to arrange everything including tables, chairs, dishes and other necessary things. You have to incur additional cost for lightening, generators, tents, commercial cleaning of the barn, access to water etc. Besides all this, you’ve to make sure that the farm you have booked for the D-day is licensed and insured to be open to public.
- Check local sound ordinance rule- If the farm is hired for the night as well, it doesn’t mean that you can play music at the late hours or the early hours of the morning. Whether or not the barn is in a relatively remote location, you should check with the sound ordinance rules in order to know what time your band or DJ should be wrapping up.
- Mind the grounds- The barn, farms or fields are always perfect from the photography point of view. But, for a barn wedding, you have to make sure that it is even suitable enough for large vehicles i.e. wagons and cars because these transports will be used to transport the elderly guests to your wedding venue. Otherwise, this will become a huge issue for you to find convenient and comfortable means to take your guests to the wedding hall.
- Make a plan for bugs- The bugs are said to be the uninvited guests at a barn wedding. They are definitely not welcomed by the host and therefore citronella candles and bug sprays are set up around the perimeter of the barn. Make sure that bug sprays are kept in sufficient quantities in the bathrooms, near the entrance so that your guests can easily take advantage of it. If you’re less aware of the barn area, consider chatting with someone who is aware of the area and the bugs to make required plans accordingly.
- Weatherproof your guests- Parasols and paper fans aren’t just pretty touches to a barn wedding? These two things even become a necessity during hot months. These arrangements are necessary to be done to make your guests feel comfortable so that they can enjoy the ceremony to the fullest.
- Allergy-proof the area: If the farm area is surrounded with animals and hay bales, it is necessary for you to get the place clean because the smell of animals or the hay and feed can cause allergies to the people present there including the bride and groom. If you want to give an exciting look to your venue, you can use hay bale seats but make sure that you cover them with blankets properly so that it doesn’t harm your guests.
- Skip stilettos: To all the female guests, you might have to provide flip-flops to comfortably roam around the rustic wedding venue because such a venue are more likely to have rustic floors too i.e. of wood, pebble or even dirt floors. These floor types make it difficult for your female guests to properly walk at the place. Flip flops will help them save from ruining their heels.